With the London Mayoral Elections less than two weeks away, I have a few questions to ask Boris Johnson, our current Tory Mayor…
…dear Mr Johnson, I am struggling to find answers to these questions, I think you can help me on these;
- You are paid around £140,000 every year to be the Mayor of London. That is a huge amount of money compared to the London average of £25,000. You are also paid £250,000 a year by The Telegraph Group to write occasional articles. Which one of these is your main job?
- Until 2008, you were the Member of Parliament for Henley, which is outside London, although perfectly nice in its own way. You had never previously shown any interest in running this great city, and you were seemingly on-track to be a minister under your Eton schoolmate David Cameron. So why did you suddenly become so enthusiastic about the Mayoralty?
- Last year, as the News International scandal broke, you described it as “Labour nonsense”, and you & your political allies have consistently bemoaned money spent on the investigation. Do you have something to hide?
- Again, last year during the riots you were on holiday, and took your own sweet time to come back during the crisis. How can we trust you to directly run The Met???
- How is Darius Guppy getting on?
- At a recent meeting between Ken Livingstone and some of his online supporters, Paul Staines, a conservative blogger, interrupted, shouting “C*nt! You are a f***ing c*nt!” and then demanded someones’ name in a threatening manner. This has been seen by thousands on Youtube. Will you apologise for your supporters’ behaviour???
- Why should we pay £1.5 million for a Bus, no matter how nice it looks, when we already have a fleet of larger Buses in operation?
- Why are you wasting our money on proposing an airport we arguably do not need, and which will be outside your jurisdiction???
- Your supporters have spent the past few years smearing the Labour candidate as being anti-Semitic by virtue of association. As Ken Livingstone has Nicky Gavron (Jewish) as his running mate, and is in a party led by Ed Miliband (Jewish), will you repudiate these attacks, which have heightened racial and religious tension in the Capital.
- Why, as your chums in Government seek to make ordinary people pay for the financial crisis, did you decry “Banker Bashing”?
- Which Mayor campaigned effectively, and brought the Olympic Games to London?
- Do you still believe that Gay marriage is equivalent to marriage between, say, a man and a dog?
- You have attacked Ken Livingstone for his (legal) tax arrangements, yet you gain £250,000 per annum from the Telegraph Group, owned by the tax-exile Barclay brothers, through Ellerman Investments, who also own The Ritz. You have yet to say anything about offshore tax avoidance – is this hypocrisy???
- Why have you had more meetings in the past four years with City financiers than with the heads of The Metropolitan Police?
- In which way are you to be admired for your many extramarital affairs, which you sought to hide?
- Should David Cameron watch his back if you lose, and find a safe Tory seat?
- Is £250,000 really “Chickenfeed”, as you said in 2009 during a BBC interview?